Valentine's Share Your Love Open House
Saturday, February 15, 2014 @ 10:00 AM to 2:00 PMWhere?
Covenant House Michigan Campus
2959 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48208
(corner of I-96 and MLK Blvd.)
Tour the Campus.
Meet the residents.
Take a trolley ride with our Outreach Team to see the unfit areas where homeless young people live. (Trolley donated by Entertainment Express.)
Volunteer Groups welcome to help sort donations.
Learn more about the Mission of Covenant House Michigan.
We ask that each visitor kindly bring one or more of the following donations:
- Valentine Cards for our residents and students.
- Full-sized toiletries: soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste and brushes, etc.
- Wash cloths and hand towels
- Men's boxers--all sizes
- Women's hipsters--all sizes
- Socks for men and women
- Belts for men and women--all sizes
- PJ pants for men and women--all sizes
- Flip-flops for showering-all sizes
- Professional dress clothing for men and women (new or gently used)
For the Outreach tour: Download our required waiver and print one out prior to arrival, if possible. GROUPS: please call ahead (313-463-2000) with an approximate head count and time of arrival. Also, each member of your group must sign his/her own waiver.
RSVP: This event is open to the public on a walk-in basis; however, to better assist with staffing, we ask that you please RSVP as soon as possible, especially if you are bringing a group of people. Thank you so much for your cooperation!
Additional info: Directions and Parking